It has always been about the voice for Shanice. Boasting a five-octave range, which she handles with beauty and ease, Shanice began her career scatting with the late great legendary Ella Fitzgerald for Kentucky Fried Chicken at the tender age of 8 years old. She went on to become the grand champion of Star Search at the ripe age of eleven. Her first album was released when Shanice was fourteen, but it was her worldwide smash, I Love Your Smile, a pop hit in twenty two countries, that brought her a Grammy nomination, Germany’s Golden Lion Award and international stardom! She would become the very first recording artist to perform on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. At a very young age, with her incredible vocal mastery, Shanice would set the standard that many young singers would follow.
With her phenomenal voice and delightful personality, Shanice has won the admiration of many of the music industry’s most respected names, having worked with Narada Walden, David Foster, Emilio Estefan, Warren Campbell and Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds. On her closing night, opening for pop group N’ Sync at Atlanta’s Lakeview Amphitheatre, pop icon Justin Timberlake joined her in a duet performance of her memorable ballad “Yesterday”! In addition, she has collaborated with the likes of Kenny Loggins on his Live in the Redwoods Album, “Babyface” on his MTV unplugged project as well as performing the duet, “If I Never Knew You” in English and Spanish with Latin pop star John Secada, on the multi-platinum Pocahontas soundtrack. Additional collaborations include heart melting renditions of The Prayer in both English and Italian, with Josh Groban, live at the Belagio in Las Vegas for a fundraiser given by philanthropist Michael Milken and hotel Impresario Steve Wynn.
Adding to her list of accomplishments is her thirty-year record-breaking chart jump in Billboard with her first single, “When I Close My eyes”, from her self-entitled album on LaFace records! Not only has Shanice made history on the recording end, she also became the first African American to star as Eponine in the hit Broadway production of “Les Miserables”, where she was widely received in her incomparable portrayal!
“Every Woman Dreams”, was her first album released independently after having her two children. And thanks to technological advances, Shanice remained widely visible, receiving close to six million hits from her YouTube followers, prompting an article in Huffington post wherein she was called a marketing genius! A true artist at heart and a self-proclaimed, reality show junky, Shanice would then begin developing content for her own reality show. She and her husband, actor Flex Alexander, would star in hit reality show “Flex and Shanice” which ran for three seasons on the Oprah Winfrey Network. Shanice not only has recently launched her lipstick line, “Smile by Shanice”, she is now recording her new CD on the Heritage Record label, distributed by Universal. The first single will drop, in February 2019. We at “Team Shanice”
BOOK ONLINE: LGBTMUSICFEST.COM
SINGLE OCCUPANCY $ 1549.00
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY $2400.00
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR
ALL INCLUSIVE FESTIVAL PACKAGE
4 nights 5 days at the luxurious Oleo Cancun Resort in Cancun, Mexico
May 24-28, 2019
24 hour all inclusive meal plan and unlimited alcoholic beverages
▪ Oversized & spacious room/suite at the Resort
▪ All resort fees, gratuity and taxes are included
▪ Roundtrip airport transfer & ground transportation to all festival events off property
▪ A day of sailing to Isla Mujeres, Mexico& beach party:includes cocktails & caribbean buffet- 12 hour excursion
▪ Catamaran cruise & Speed boat excursion: includes cocktails on the boat
▪ Three nights of live concerts featuring national recording artists
▪ Access to: The LGBTQ Film Fest
▪ Access to: The LGBTQ Vanguard Awards All White Gala
▪ Access to: Synergy “ Life coaching & Empowerment” Seminar
▪ Access to: Health & Wellness Workshop
▪ Access to: Meet the Authors Symposium
▪ Access to: Celebrity Karaoke
▪ Access to: Monifah & Terez Spades Tournament
▪ Access to: Speed dating & Matchmaking
▪ Access to: Cocktails & Conversation Networking Reception
▪ Access to: A Union of Love “ The Wedding Celebration”
▪ Access to The Vendors Markplace & Trunk Sale
▪ Most importantly, a weekend filled with networking, empowerment & Unity………… PRICELESS
All Meals and Unlimited Alcoholic Beverages, Deluxe Rooms and Junior Suites, Access to All Festival Events & Concerts, Airport Transfers, VIP Meet & Greet with Celebrity Ambassadors and All resort fees & gratuities.